Inside the mind of a master procratinator

 1. Do you procrastinate sometimes?

Yes, I’m a procrastinator. And actually I didn’t procrastinate sometimes but usually.

2. What are some of the things you procrastinate on?

Most of the things I procrastinate on are my homework, project, review for test and so on.
At the beginning of each semester, I will tell myself to study harder. And stop gluing to the screen watching video or scrolling through Instagram and Dcard, just like a screen zombies.
When the midterm is at hand, I’m thinking” why did I seem like haven’t done anything”. Like the six-day holiday in April, actually, I had already set my schedule. But when the first day of the holiday, I was just phubbing and thinking that I will review for my test later. But this is all what I think in these six days.
There are also something that I wish I can do, like doing exercise, get certificate. But then, Instant Gratification Monkey just comes out, kick Rational Decision-Maker away and say “hold on, just do what you want to do, later”. But actually sometimes there’s no Panic Monster and no Instant Gratification Monkey, I complete everything smoothly in a short time.

3. What are strategies you can use to combat procrastination?

First, if it’s possible, never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Because, if I always think doing things"later", the time I spent finishing will beyond my expectation. 
Second, schedule. I used to write down the schedule, the form was just like what everyone thinks, such as studying English from ten to eleven. But this way is not really useful to me. So now I just write down the things I need to do, and it works. I feel less time pressure than before and doing things more efficient.

                          link: https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator







留言

熱門文章